Search This Blog

Friday, April 21, 2006

If Nominated I will Not Run, If Selected I will Not Accept ... a Pulitzer

A man can often be identified by his friends or his enemies. I have often said that if I ever ran for office and the Virginian Pilot endorsed me I would wonder where I had gone wrong.

For the same reason, the Pulitzers are tainted. Douglas MacKinnon in the Washington Times:

Still not convinced that Columbia University and its Pulitzer committee uses a liberal checklist? Then I implore you to look at the names of this year's finalists. From Republican-hating fashion writers, to Republican-hating editorial cartoonists, to Republican-bashing editorial boards, you will find a wish list from the left, of politically correct, more than diverse, "journalists" who are driven solely by an agenda and not the responsibilities of a once noble profession.

I wonder if the Pulitzer committee will award a prize for "examining and exposing" the "blatant liberal bias" of the Pulitzer committee. I think I'll submit this column just in case.

No comments: