Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Virgil Goode Letter

Thank you for your recent communication. When I raise my hand to take the oath on Swearing In Day, I will have the Bible in my other hand. I do not subscribe to using the Koran in any way. The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don’t wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran. We need to stop illegal immigration totally and reduce legal immigration and end the diversity visas policy pushed hard by President Clinton and allowing many persons from the Middle East to come to this country. I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America and to prevent our resources from being swamped.

The Ten Commandments and “In God We Trust” are on the wall in my office. A Muslim student came by the office and asked why I did not have anything on my wall about the Koran. My response was clear, “As long as I have the honor of representing the citizens of the 5th District of Virginia in the United States House of Representatives, The Koran is not going to be on the wall of my office.” Thank you again for your email and thoughts.

Sincerely yours,
Virgil H. Goode, Jr.
70 East Court Street
Suite 215
Rocky Mount, Virginia 24151



Some thoughts:

In a PC world (Virgil Goode’s district includes Charlottesville, the home of the University of Virginia) Virgil Goode has certainly taken a controversial stand. He opposes illegal immigration and is for reduced legal immigration.

I don’t know Goode so I have to judge him by his words. I also make my judgments of people by the friends that they have and the enemies that they make.

Regarding Muslim immigration I am on Goode’s side. Massive Muslim immigration into Europe has been disastrous for that continent. Parts of France are no-go zones for French police as Muslim "youths" run riot. The capital of England is referred to as Londonistan – for good reason.

Muslims in England are applying Sharia law as opposed to English law, and the Briish justice system turns a blind eye.

In the Netherlands, older relative tell me that people fear to go out of their homes at night. Throughout Europe authors and writers who have “insulted” Islam are living in hiding or with police protection after their lives were threatened by Islamic religious zealots. Some, like Dutch Member of Parliament Ayaan Hirsi Ali have fled the Netherlands for the United States.

Given that situation, I would not like to see the United States make the same error. As an immigrant myself, I consider immigration a priviledge, not a right. A nation has the right to set the terms for who enters and who does not. Attempts to shut off debate with cries of racism, bigotry or Islamophobia are not part of a reasoned debate. They are attempts to shut off debate by demonizing those with whom you disagree.

A comment left on Jihad Watch struck me as particularly appropriate:



Malinois: "He [Mahdi Bray] said Goode should also recall the biblical passage: "love thy neighbor as thyself."

I love how Muslims always resort to quoting Biblical passages to Christians when they want to invoke the Golden Rule. Watch for it. They always say, "Well, you're not exactly following the model of Jesus are you?"

In this sort of situation, have you ever seen a Muslim say to a Christian, well shouldn't you really ought to be more like Muhammad?

No. And why doesn't Bray ask that question or actually quote what the Koran says about the Golden Rule if he wants to lecture Goode on Islamic ethics?

Answer: Because the Koran doesn't embrace the Golden Rule as a normative ethical prescription. And the reason Muslims ask Christians why they don't follow the example of their prophet Jesus, instead of asking them instead - why can't you be a little more like our prophet Muhammad when dealing with us, is because their own prophet was a ruthless mass murderer, who had no grasp of the Golden Rule. That's why.

In response to this sort of manipulative bullshit, infidels like Goode or like any of us, when confronted with this sort of manipulation ought to say, "Why my friend, I am merely inspired by YOUR prophet in taking my stance here today. And really, as a true believer (and I respect that, I really do!), you ought to be flattered by the compliment!" And then smile really really sweetly.
You can tell an awful lot about a person by their friends and enemies, especially their enemies. And right now, Goode’s enemies are the enemies of of those who are fighting for freedom from Islamic oppression.

I'm on your side, Virgil.

No comments: