Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Harry Reed Recognizes the Obvious

REID NOW SAYS IRAQ SURGE HAS HELPED

'...the surge certainly hasn't hurt. It's helped. I recognize that' --- Sen. Harry Reid, 12/21/07'...this war is lost and that the surge is not accomplishing anything' --
Sen. Harry Reid, 4/19/07

'...this war is lost and that the surge is not accomplishing anything' --
Sen. Harry Reid, 4/19/07

Via Drudge

From the PBS New Hour:

RAY SUAREZ: Well, at the beginning of this year, the Democrats returned to the majority after 12 years in the minority. You and Speaker Pelosi announced a very ambitious agenda. Now that one year has passed and you look back, how has it gone?

SEN. HARRY REID: Well, we've been able to accomplish quite a bit, but not very much, certainly not as much as I wanted to. I'm kind of frustrated, like the American people.


Only Harry Reid manages to contradict himself within a single sentence of fewer than a dozen words. I'm glad he's on their side.

More from that interview:

How much longer are we going to be asked to spend $12 billion a month on this war,
...
But we recognize that spending $12 billion a week -- I'm sorry, a month, is what we are spending in Iraq,
...
But this war is costing us $12 billion a month in borrowed money.
...
I had a long planned trip to go to Walter Reed today. I didn't know I was going to be on this show. And I went there today for lunch and met with staff and some of the soldiers who are wounded and some who weren't wounded.



This goes down in the history books as one of the great Democrat dunces. Just smart enough to be bribed.

No comments: