Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

George Temporarily Removes Pfleger From St. Sabina

Rather surprising. I did not expect so strong a stand from the Catholic church.

CBS 2 News has learned that Francis Cardinal George is temporarily removing Father Michael Pfleger from his position as pastor of St. Sabina Roman Catholic Church on Chicago's South Side.

The other racists in his congregation are outraged.
The support at St. Sabina was not unexpected. Pfleger took a struggling parish and made it thrive. His contributions to the community are impressive. And many of those there had no problem with the comments about Clinton that that got him in trouble in the first place.

"I think there are racist people in America and I'm not saying Hillary is racist but I think some of what he said is true," said parishioner Kimberly Miller.

I'm confident that I can find those racists in America if I were to go to St. Sabina on any Sunday. The building would be full of them.

No comments: