Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2008

It Turns Out That Obama Got A Question In Advance

In their haste to advance the meme that McCain cheated, CNN completely missed the admission that Obama got advance notice of a question that McCain didn't.

From Newsbusters:

After Warren give his initial answer about McCain being in a "Secret Service motorcade," Sanchez pushed two follow-up questions on the matter. In the first, he asked, "Did you think at the time -- when you said that, did you think he was in the cone of silence -- did you think he was in the building?"

Warren admitted in his answer that he had given Obama a bit of an edge with regards to one question on large-scale government aid to orphans:: "...I also told Senator Obama, since there was one question where I was going to ask for a commitment, it was the commitment later about would you allow a PEPFAR type president's emergency plan for orphans, and I thought if I was going to ask them for a public commitment, I ought to let him know in advance. I got to tell Barack Obama that in advance. I did not get to tell John McCain that in advance. It caught him by surprise, I'm sure."

Sanchez didn’t seem to blink at the idea that Obama was favored. He stuck to the script that Obama was wronged and grew very specific in his point with his second follow-up:


CNN anchor Rick Sanchez is either not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

No comments: