Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Cheap turkeys are Bush’s fault.

I stopped at the local Food Lion last night to pick up a few pre-Thanksgiving groceries. Walking from my car to the store I saw a sign advertizing turkeys for 29 cents a pound. The only hitch was that you had to buy $25 worth of groceries and I was only buying a package of cake mix and some ice cream for the Thanksgiving meal.

Inside, I found 15 pound turkeys for $4.35! What a deal!

I love turkey and asked the woman at the checkout register if that $25 purchase policy was firm. That’s when she told me that, yes the policy is firm and that it’s the lousy Bush economy that forces Food Lion to sell turkeys for 29 cents a pound.

All of a sudden the recent election campaign was brought back to me. The feelings of that campaign and the view that – to me - the most repellent part of the Obama campaign was its supporters. And the undercurrent of concern I have about a political figure that can attract and energize the most rabid, and stupid, among us.

For the rest of us, have a great Thanksgiving with family and friends. We have so much to be thankful for in this great country. And go to Food Lion, planning to spend at least $25 so that you can get a 29 cent per pound turkey.

No comments: