Search This Blog

Thursday, March 26, 2009

JohnHuang2 in talks with Obama's Teleprompter, in hopes of bailout

From FreeRepublic...

"You know, there was a lot of outrage and finger-pointing last week, and I share the finger-pointing and outrage every bit as much as the finger-pointers and outragers," the Teleprompter said of the bonuses in its opening remarks. "I'm as angry as anybody about the bonuses immaculately conceived in the stimulus bill. In fact, I'm choking with anger here."

The Teleprompter then promptly plunged into ghastly detail: "When I first heard that bankers and executives on Wall Street were enriching themselves on taxpayers' dime, I could hardly breathe. Gulping for air, I started crying and yelling, 'I thought only presidents and Congress could do this!'" Then this heart-rending recollection: "I felt nothing but profound sadness and unresolved anger. I could barely speak to Obama and when I did it was a tirade. I read. I walked on the beach. He slept upstairs and I slept downstairs."

Yet, through it all, the Teleprompter didn't seem angry. Nor did it sound like a pitchfork-wielding populist. Indeed, it was a carefully modulated statement, and the Teleprompter, relying on a familiar crutch -- Obama -- fed the speech and answers and the cerebral 'ums' and 'uhs' to him while perched at the back of the East Room.


Read the whole thing.

No comments: