Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

NPR analyst compares Obama to Nixon, issues full apology

You can't say on on NPR (or ABC, NBC, CBS, CNBC, MSNBC ... have I overlooked any networks? Oh yes CNN).

Reaction from the NPR audience was negative, and within 24 hours, Rudin was in backtrack mode. "I made a boneheaded mistake yesterday," Rudin wrote on his NPR blog. "Comparing the tactics of the Nixon administration -- which bugged and intimidated and harrassed journalists -- to that of the Obama administration was foolish, facile, ridiculous and, ultimately, embarrassing to me. I should have known better and, in fact, I do know better. I was around during the Nixon years. I am fully cognizant of what they did and attempted to do."

"I apologize for a dumb comparison."

1 comment:

thisishabitforming said...

Evidently that memo (see comment on previous post) wasn't just an NBC phenomenon.

The emporer does have clothes, no matter what you see, he has clothes. Yes he does.