Search This Blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sarah Palin: Greener Than Thou?

Arnold Schwarzenegger criticized Sarah Palin’s stance on global warming yesterday. Her response:

Why is Governor Schwarzenegger pushing for the same sorts of policies in Copenhagen that have helped drive his state into record deficits and unemployment? Perhaps he will recall that I live in our nation’s only Arctic state and that I was among the first governors to create a sub-cabinet to deal specifically with climate change. While I and all Alaskans witness the impacts of changes in weather patterns firsthand, I have repeatedly said that we can’t primarily blame man’s activities for those changes. And while I did look for practical responses to those changes, what I didn’t do was hamstring Alaska’s job creators with burdensome regulations so that I could act “greener than thou” when talking to reporters.

- Sarah Palin



Arnold once sounded like a reasonable alternative to Democrats in California. What a disappointment.

No comments: