Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Blue Goes Brown

If you lose Brookline, you've lost Massachusetts. From NRO Online...


Sophisticated Brookline for Brown? An e-mail:


In live in Brookline, Mass., in a neighborhood so hopelessly liberal that cars have bumper stickers with messages like "Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Republican" and "I Think, Therefore I Don't Listen to Rush Limbaugh." The house across the street from me displayed a "Dissent Is Patriotic" placard all through the Bush administration. Local ballot measures to raise taxes ALWAYS pass. Michael Dukakis lives three blocks away. You get the idea. This place is so blue that red paint and crayons are only available on the black market. (Okay, I made up that last one).

Anyway, for what it's worth, in a walk through my section of Brookline yesterday, I saw Scott Brown signs in two front windows and two cars wearing Brown bumper stickers. That may not sound like much to readers in normal ZIP codes, but here in Planet Liberal it's off the charts!

On Tuesday, for the first time since I was old enough to vote, I will take part in a US Senate election whose outcome is not known to everyone in advance. I believe this is what most Americans call "democracy," and I'm looking forward to the experience!

No comments: