Friday, July 30, 2010
Frank J. Fleming has noticed what I'm sure you have noticed too: when "Science" says something you better do it.
Has Science! become more authoritarian causing people to distrust it? Apparently in Science! reporting, there has been a sharp increase in the use of the phrase “Science! says we must”, and people are beginning to feel that Science! is just pushing them around. And here are some other phrases that have increased in recent years in Science! reporting:From now on when I hear Science say something I'm going to give Science the finger.
* Science! says we must
* Science! tells us we should
* Science! requires
* Bow down before Science!
* The power of Science! compels you
* Blaspheme to Science! will be noted and punished
* Science! demands your obedience and loyalty
* Do you dare speak before almighty Science!
* Kneel before Science!
* Science! shall crush you
* Foolish mortal! How dare you question Science!
* You have angered Science! and will pay dearly for it