Search This Blog

Friday, March 25, 2011

How do you know when you are being lied to? When the lie starts with "But I want to be very clear..."

Barack Hussein Obama on the Obama administration gun running program that sent thousands of weapons to Mexico. 
Well, first of all I did not authorize it. Eric Holder, the Attorney General, did not authorize it. He’s been very clear that our policy is to catch gun runners and put them into jail. So what he’s done is he’s assigned an I.G., an inspector general, to investigate what exactly happened…

Question from interviewer: AND YOU WERE NOT EVEN INFORMED ABOUT IT?


Obama answer:
Absolutely not, this is a pretty big government, the United States government. I got a lot of moving parts. But I want to be very clear, I spoke to President Calderon when he came to visit just a few weeks ago, our policy is to ramp up the interdiction of guns flowing south because that’s contributing to some of the security problems that are taking place in Mexico ... blah blah blah.
So some low level minion was buying thousands of guns and shipping them across the Mexican border because .... uh, .... uh,  .... this is a big government!?!?  I want to be clear about that

I heard Wayne Lapierre of the NRA on the radio this morning claiming that the political purpose of this action on the part of the administration is to bolster the claim that most of the guns used by Mexican drug cartels come form the US.  The objective is to create a political atmosphere to pass new gun control laws. 

Got that?  Pull the other one Barack.

No comments: