Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

Things I'm Thankful For

That I'm not a European country that's part of the Eurozone.

That I'm not a "Climate scientist."

That I'm not occupying Wall Street.

I am very thankful that many years ago my father, who was an incurable romantic, decided that he wanted to leave a crowded, post-war Europe and immigrate to the United States, taking his family with him. I’m thankful we live in a country that allows people to rise as well as fall, for it's in falling that we learn and not being allowed to fall we cannot rise. That we were not seduced by the media culture, by the spirit of the age, and blessed by God in ways too numerous to mention.

I have not loved the World, nor the World me;
I have not flattered its rank breath, nor bowed
To its idolatries a patient knee,
Nor coined my cheek to smiles,-nor cried aloud
In worship of an echo;

No comments: