Search This Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

St. Louis police commander survives ambush on special patrol


When the bad guys begin setting up ambushes for police officers, what makes St. Louis different from any city in the Middle East?  I think we have more than the usual criminal problem.  Crooks should be afraid of the police rather than the other way around.  This is not a crime problem, it's a culture problem.  Think "war zone."
Spiess, 52, was alone, in uniform, driving an unmarked Chevrolet Impala about 9:22 p.m. when he spotted a suspicious-looking black Pontiac Bonneville with temporary license tags on Evans Avenue, heading west near Vandeventer Avenue.

He said he made a U-turn to follow, and the Pontiac’s driver would not stop for his lights and siren. The circumstances did not qualify under rules limiting pursuits, so he gave up at Evans and Sarah Street.

As Spiess continued along Evans, a man jogged slowly toward him and stopped between parked cars about 12 feet away.

“He looks me dead in the eye, lifts his pistol and starts shooting at me,” Spiess said Wednesday. “The first round sounded like a shotgun went off in my car. Then I heard a high-pitched whine go through the (open) driver’s side window and out the passenger window.

“He looked at me square in the face, I’m in an Impala, wearing a police shirt, and he was looking me right in the eye. He knew who he was shooting at. He absolutely knew I was a policeman.”

Spiess said that as he sped off, he watched in the mirror as the gunman stepped to the middle of the street and continued firing.

Note that in the entire article the race of the individuals is not named.  In the MSM that's a dead give-away.

No comments: