Search This Blog

Friday, July 26, 2013

A White Person’s Reaction to Obama’s Trayvon Martin Speech


Interesting take that I have not seen before. It is a reminder of why people avoid stopping to help, of getting involved, because the media and the Liberal establishment can destroy your life.

He could have been me. I could have been out on neighborhood watch in my community performing my duties on a rainy night. It could have been me following a young African-American male around in my neighborhood because I did not recognize him, and because my neighborhood had been burglarized by young African Americans. It could have been me lying beneath a young black man who was striking my head against the concrete, my nose broken in a fight gone bad. It could have been me that tragic, deadly night.

It could have been me facing criminal charges for doing nothing illegal that night, presumed guilty of a crime I didn’t commit, and presumed guilty of being a racist, even though I had not an ounce of racism in me, and even though the way I lived my life was proof of that assertion.
Read the whole thing.

No comments: