Search This Blog

Saturday, November 02, 2013

DC’s exchange offers me my old CareFirst insurance plan, but with twice the deductible & a huge premium hike

In which I go Obamacare window-shopping


 
Let me give the D.C. Health Benefits Exchange its due: It is infinitely superior to the federal government's HealthCare.gov website. Not only does it work, but it also gives you accurate estimates, based on your real age, of what you'll pay for ACA-compliant health insurance plans, even before you verify your identity and enter reams of personal information.


That said, I've just gone shopping, and the selection is pretty bad. The fact that only a few dozen people in the District have availed themselves of this service, I believe, is a function not of computer glitches, but of a lack of demand for the more expensive, inferior health insurance coverage that the ACA has made available to everyone.

Read the whole thing.  As I have said many times, the fact that the Healthcare.gov website doesn't work is actually a good thing for Obama.  People can't see yet how badly they have been screwed.

No comments: