Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

2014 Has Spoken: Women Voters Care About More Than Just Lady Parts

This is just funny:

Robin Williams joked that “God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.” When it comes to politics, the Lena Dunhams, Cosmopolitans, and ladypartsjustice.coms want to overlook the humor of that joke and make the female equivalent the focal point of their politicized lives. ...


As a man, I’m probably not supposed to have an opinion on this, but I totally do. As a father of daughters, I’m actually quite opinionated on the matter. Whereas I get to make decisions based on a whole raft of factors, apparently I’m supposed to teach my daughters to ask only one question: How will this affect your vagina?


With this election, the vagina and effects upon it are on front and center, much like artwork at the Dunham household. Because women don’t have to worry about the economy, job opportunities, international relations, or anything else. It’s all about the beaver.


Am I overreacting? Perhaps, but all my blood is flowing to my upper head at the moment and it’s about to explode. On the other hand, the smart set has declared that everything is a women’s issue. One might argue that if everything is a women’s issue, then nothing is, but that would do a disservice to the divide and conquer mentality of the politics of the personal.


Why Does Everyone Act Like Women Are Dumb Sexpots?

From hygiene companies to politics to art to the United Nations, everything must begin and end with “as a woman.” If it were just a celebration of the awesomeness that is woman, and seriously I do love y’all, that would be great. Just as I love being a man, because it’s great, love being a woman. Goose, gander, and all that.

Read the whole thing.

No comments: