Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

"I intend to vote with my vagina."


That brings strange images to mind that I would rather not see.  I don't even think that the election workers would allow that before calling the cops.
Have you ever read a more squirm-inducing sentence than that? It appeared in a pro-Hillary piece in Dame magazine, written by a person with a vagina who intends to vote for Clinton because she also has a vagina.

Let's leave aside the unfortunate image conjured up by that sentence ("You can hold a pencil with that thing?!") The bigger problem with such unabashed declarations of "vagina voting" is that they confirm the descent of feminism into the cesspool of identity politics, even biologism, and its abandonment of the idea that women should be valued more for their minds than their anatomy.

Kate Harding, the vagina voter in question, isn't only going to vote with her vag—she's also going to tell everyone about it. "I intend to vote with my vagina. Unapologetically. Enthusiastically... And I intend to talk about it," she wrote in Dame.

She thinks Hillary would be a great president because she "knows what it's like to menstruate, be pregnant, [and] give birth."

That someone would say that openly and think it's compelling rather than sickening says a lot about contemporary femininists.

No comments: