Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Will the Spygate perpetrators ever be held accountable?

That’s the trillion dollar question, isn’t it?

I used to think I was rather cynical. And I was. But in recent years I’ve become more so. I’ve seen people get away with much more than I had thought they’d be able to get away with (Lois Lerner, call your office). And what’s more, I’ve seen more of my friends wink at it because it suits their political ends.

So the question of whether anyone will pay for what we have come to call Spygate is a real one, and how you answer it depends on how cynical you have become...
From the comments:
... the damage done to the fabric of this country by outsiders is as nothing when compared to what has been wrought by the many falsehoods within the disinformation and the misinformation disseminated by CNN, MSNBC, WaPo, and the NYT over the same period.
The Swamp could not have done this without the press that spread the lie 24/7 at jet engine decibels.  The press must be punished as much as anyone in this disaster.

Read the whole thing.

No comments: