Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Stephen Miller: ‘Permanent Bureaucracy is a Mortal Threat to America’

Two thousand years ago, Cicero said that a nation can survives its fools, and even the ambitious, but it cannot survive treason from within.

In a recent interview with the Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard, Stephen Miller, President Trump’s Senior Policy Adviser, recently uttered similar words. Miller said that “anonymous efforts by anti-Trump federal bureaucrats to thwart the White House agenda through leaks and complaints to friendly reporters and congressional allies are a mortal threat to the American system of government.”

Miller explained:

It is best understood as career federal employees that believe they are under no obligation to honor, respect, or abide by the results of a democratic election. Their view is, ‘If I agree with what voters choose, then I’ll do what they choose. If I disagree with what voters choose, then I won’t, and I’ll continue doing my own thing. So basically it’s heads I win, tails you lose.

If you elect Hillary Clinton, then I’ll implement all of her policies very faithfully, and if I see massive evidence of corruption on Hillary Clinton’s part, then I’ll keep it all a secret. If you elect a candidate I disagree with, then I’ll lie, I’ll leak, I’ll cheat, I’ll smear, I’ll attack, I’ll persecute, and I will refuse to implement, and I will obstruct at every single step of the way.

No comments: