Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

WHY BLOGGING HAS SLOWED WAY, WAY DOWN

Thanks to those who read our blog regularly and especially those who asked why we have not been blogging lately. The answer is that I have been incredibly busy with our new venture.

Let me explain.

For almost a quarter century my partners and I have provided financial advice and asset management to individuals, families and institutions throughout the world. We began in the mid 1980s with Kidder, Peabody & Co. Kidder was acquired by GE and after a few years sold to Paine Webber. About 10 years ago Paine Webber was bought by UBS, the large Swiss bank. Throughout all this the name on my office door changed but we continued to provide the kind of financial services that my clients expected and appreciated.

The market collapse of 2008 made us consider whether we should continue to work for a major firm or whether independence was better for our clients and ourselves. We decided to form our own Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) firm, Korving & Co LLC, and opened our doors on January 29th.

We have had an overwhelmingly positive response from our clients and we have been working day and night to bring them to our new custodian.

Blogging will be light for the next few months, but I will find the time to post things that interest me from time to time.

1 comment:

Phil said...

Good luck with your new endeavor!