Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

If You're a Democrat, When You've Lost the UAW Auto Worker, You're Well and Truly Lost.

From American Digest:
I urge the new Republicans who are now running to reach out to the unions. We are weary. We know we are a big part of the problem and we are ready to compromise and work together.

Hell, I used to buy all of the spin. I am guilty of doing too little research and just toeing the party line because I was too busy. I’ve got plenty of time now. I’ve got plenty of will now. To say I regret all of the above doesn’t do it justice.

However, as a penance for the error of my ways, I am willing to take any kind of pay cut, benefit cut, furlough, whatever just to be able to feed my family and not have to worry about the bills and the roof over our heads. I am willing to cut whatever corners are necessary, learn whatever new skill is required to just get people working again.

If I never have to hear the words GREEN JOBS from my governor’s mouth again I would fall on my knees in gratitude. Fancy ideas, cotton candy spun dreams do not materialize into real paying jobs.

Our entire state of Michigan was sacrificed to the green job pie in the sky promise. Michigan now resembles a third world country. Whatever it takes, with whatever party candidate who has a realistic, adult answer will get our union votes.

The rose colored glasses are gone, I am turning accusing eyes at my so called “advocates” and I am bringing a hell of a lot of people with me.

I am an adult. Speak to me as an adult. Do not whine and point a finger of blame at a minority party for your own failure. ADULTS admit when they have made a mistake.

It is becoming clear to me who the irresponsible children are who go on a crazy “who cares” spending spree, and then become irritated when the people aren’t appreciative of their irresponsibility. And it is apparent who the adults are who are standing up screaming: “NO! STOP! YOU IDIOTS!” We will soon see which side the majority of the electorate is on.

I only regret I have one vote to cast. It is a dog eat dog world out there and the Democrat party wrote their own obituary with their utter foolishness. I played a part in that foolishness. I regret it utterly, but thankfully a tragic and deep lesson has been learned. If nothing else, I am grateful to be awake, thinking on my own, and seeing the light for the first time. It is a miniscule silver lining to a very dark cloud.
There's more there, click on the link.

No comments: