Search This Blog

Friday, February 29, 2008

My Solution to Iraq Is to Never Have Gone There

The "Obasma" solution to Iraq is blindingly simple. "Sherman, set the wayback machine to September 10, 2001"



"Iraq continues to be a serious problem, and the Bush administration has done nothing but increase the problem and cause unnecessary deaths. It is a mess, but I have a solution: I would never have gone there.



The Iraq War will be a big problem to inherit, but it would not be if we hadn't have gone there. That's why that is my solution. People ask me, "Won't leaving Iraq now be abandoning the Iraqi people?" Well, it wouldn't be abandoning them if we hadn't had gone there. "What about a civil war?" others ask, to which I say there would be no civil war if Saddam were still in charge because we didn't go to Iraq. As you can see, not having gone to Iraq easily solves all these problems.


"I do have experience: Experience at not going to war." As for Al Qaeda in Iraq, I don't think they would be a problem if we hadn't had gone. Maybe they already were there and working with some support from Saddam, but I still think not having gone there is a risk worth taking. You may worry about all the terrorists there and whether they have intentions for attacking America, but you wouldn't if we hadn't had gone.


Senator John McCain questions whether I have experience enough to deal with Iraq, but the fact is that he's old. No one faints at his rallies... unless they forgot their heart medication because they're as old as he is. And I do have experience: Experience at not going to war. That's why not having gone to Iraq is the perfect solution for me. It's one I'm uniquely able to espouse and have been consistent on. Years ago I said we shouldn't invade Iraq, and that is still my solution.



A few have said that not going to Iraq isn't a solution anymore since we already have gone there. I hear your concern and I have three words for you: Hope. Change. The future.



That's right: The future. And not just any future; a future where we look forward and say, "We shouldn't have gone to Iraq."


Barack Obama is a U.S. Senator from Illinois who enjoys nap time and finger painting. He is running for president.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama appears to be a master of specious logic. I like it. My solution to racial strife is to not to have had slavery.

Moneyrunner said...

Wow. See how simple it is? I think you have the ideas to be a candidate for president.