Search This Blog

Monday, October 05, 2009

"I had to answer 'no' because I get all my news from the New York Times."

From Powerline


Hoyt [Public Editor of the New York Times] cites these emails examples of readers who felt "let down":

Here's an example, from Leigh Allen of San Francisco, who said she relies on The Times to keep her informed: "I often don't hear about the latest conflict until I read a Facebook rant from an old high school friend or talk on the phone with my mother (both in conservative Orange County, Calif.). It's embarrassing not to be able to respond with facts when I hadn't even heard about the issue." Michele Cusack of Novato, Calif., said that when someone asked if she had heard the latest about Acorn, "I had to answer 'no' because I get all my news from The New York Times."


No comments: