Search This Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Say It Ain't So, W!

Powerline analyzes leaks about the Iraq Study Group. If the reports are true, I will have the same feeling of moral disgust as I did when we abandoned the Viet Namese and Cambodians to their killing fields and death camps.

No one should be ashamed of their country twice in a single lifetime.

So, under the Baker Commission's recommendations, what will become of the 12 million Iraqis who voted for freedom and for a normal life? President Bush has said more times than I can count, in speeches spanning the last four years, that all people want to be free, and that freedom is God's gift to all mankind. If he doesn't believe that, then what does he believe?

If the Iraqis are to be sold out, at least let them be sold out by the Democrats. No one expected anything better from them.


I have an idea, let's not sell them out at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never have liked Jim Baker. Maybe it was his obvious ego, maybe it was his animosity toward Israel. The media seems to embrace him today because he is "practical". If we let practical be our guiding light, we would not have had an American Revolution, we would never have fought the Civil War to rid our nation of the shame of slavery, we would never dream of ever taking chances of any sort and there would certainly never have been a Steve Irwin; we would all be Moderates. Some things are just not practical. Idealism is not practical, helping enslaved people to be free is not practical.
I am deeply dissappointed by what I see George W. Bush doing since the election: the uncerimonious departure of Rumsfeld the very next day, the embracing of Baker (again an enemy of Israel), the nomination of Gates, an Iraq war opponent, as Secretary of Defense, the making nice with the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Dick Durbin, etc. I hope something wakes W. up. I am about to scrape the Bush/Cheney sticker off my car after six years; not because I believe in the cause any less, I just can't stand to watch what is happening here.