Search This Blog

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Newsweek: The Magazine for the HIP

Iowahawk scores an interview with he New Newsweek.

Are they gone?

God, I thought those idiots would never leave. Finally, we can be together -- just you and me baby. Do you realize how long I've waited for this moment, how much I've lusted for your beautiful hipster demographics? How long I sat there on the rack at Barnes and Noble, watching in silence while your fingers slowly caressed the pages of The America Prospect and New Republic and Mother Jones, dreaming that one day you'd actually notice me and take me over to the coffee bar? Baby, I wouldn't even have cared if you spilled hot macchiato on my table of contents, that's how much I am into you.

God, it's such a relief to finally give up that stupid facade of objectivity and tell you how I really feel. It's like I was trapped in some sort of circulation prison with that clueless 55+ slightly upscale middle America demographic.

No comments: