Thursday, June 16, 2016
Obama Era Euphemisms about the Global War On Terror
Of course Obama has no intention of effectively waging a war on terror, unless he can target Bitter Clingers. But from PJ Media here's partial list.
- “Outliers" is their kinder, gentler term for "rogue states”
- “Al-Qaeda core” are the al-Qaeda terrorists who survived the Bush presidency, then regrouped and multiplied under the Obama presidency. They are not in any way, shape or form "decimated."
- “Overseas contingency operations” is the Obama administration's Orwellian term for "the global war on terror."
- “Man-caused disaster” is the Obama-speak for "terrorist attack."
- "Workplace violence" is how the Obama administration describes Islamic terrorist attacks that take place at work.
- "Violent extremism" is how the Obama administration prefers to describe terrorism because it gives them an opportunity to lump Islamists in with the KKK, IRA, and Nazi skinhead groups who all together commit about 1% (or less) of the terrorism we see throughout the world
- “Kinetic military action” is how the Obama administration says "war" without upsetting anti-war groups.
- "Leading from behind" is Obama's euphemism for his "CYA" approach to foreign policy. It translates roughly to, "we'll wait until it's too late to be effective, and when pressured, take some modest steps, but don't blame us when the excrement hits the fan." (Because it will.)
- "Strategic patience" is related to Obama's "leading from behind" philosophy. The administration uses it in place of "dithering," or "kicking the can down the road for the next president to have to deal with."