Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

"I was born to regulate"

I like having a very direct and very powerful impact on worker safety and health.  If you put out a reg, it matters.  I think that’s really where the thrill comes from.  And it is a thrill; it’s a high… I love it; I absolutely love it.  I was born to regulate.  I don’t know why, but that’s very true.  So as long as I’m regulating, I’m happy.
Marthe Kent
OSHA director of safety standards program.
National Review’s Internet Update
June 26, 2000



Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

― C.S. Lewis


First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Social Democrats, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Social Democrat. And then they realized that all their problems had pretty much been solved, so they stopped coming for people.

-Slavic Nationalist on GAB

No comments: