Search This Blog

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Kerry on the Koran, the Torah, the Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles

For some reason, The New Republic has me on their e-mail list, but I got this one via Instapundit. It's Martin Peretz on John Kerry:

Mr. Kerry also told the group that he believed 'deeply in my faith'." Now, there are many Catholics including high ecclesiastics who doubt this. But who am I to have a point of view on what is essentially an intramural fight? In any case, as it turns out, Kerry is not only a Roman Catholic but also an ecumenicist. Once again I rely on the Times: Kerry asserted that "the Koran, the Torah, the Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles had influenced a social conscience that he exercised in politics." My God, what bullshit politicians feel obliged to utter! Or maybe the bullshit is already second nature, or even first. But since Kerry raised it, let me ask: What hadith of the Prophet influenced him the most, and why?

Read the whole thing ... it's not long.

No comments: