Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

The model for ObamaCare is the famed European health care system: "The NHS kills off 130,000 elderly patients every year"

From the UK MailOnline.
NHS doctors are prematurely ending the lives of thousands of elderly hospital patients because they are difficult to manage or to free up beds, a senior consultant claimed yesterday.
Professor Patrick Pullicino said doctors had turned the use of a controversial ‘death pathway’ into the equivalent of euthanasia of the elderly.
I'm getting older and I don't feel so good, but don't take me to the death chamber hospital.

A Department of Health spokesman said: ‘The Liverpool Care Pathway is not euthanasia and we do not recognise these figures. The pathway is recommended by NICE and has overwhelming support from clinicians – at home and abroad – including the Royal College of Physicians.

I mean, how can you possibly think that a group called NICE wants anything but the best?  I'm sure the when the Department of HHS starts naming its cost control groups they won't be called "Death Panels."  I think something like Best Practices Panels sounds lovely.



No comments: