Search This Blog

Friday, October 13, 2023

Do Americans Have the Right to Applaud Hamas Murdering Jewish Babies?

 The news is mind-bogglingly dire this week, and it’s just too much to digest. Way too many people are revealing themselves to be anti-Semites, along with the anti-Semites we knew about already. The more evidence we see of Hamas’ butchery, the louder the Jew-haters get.

So I’m trying to focus on the free-speech aspect of all this. Right now is one of the times when the rock-ribbed Republican on one side of my brain is at war with the hippy-dippy libertarian on the other side, so I hope you’ll indulge me as I work this out.

A lot of lefties are suddenly having second thoughts about their support for Hamas. They cheered on the butchery of terrorists, and now they’re facing the consequences. Their recreational anti-Semitism is hurting their career prospects.

Here’s just one example: Some billionaire named Bill Ackman wants Harvard University to reveal the names of students who signed a statement blaming the people of Israel for the murder of their own children. He doesn’t want to hire any of those anti-Semites by accident.

Here’s how the WSJ is framing it:



See, the Jew-haters are the real victims.

Well, if they wanted to keep their desire to kill Jews private, why did they sign a statement blaming Jews for the terrorists who are murdering Jews? Those geniuses chose to do that. They chose to go public with it. Now we’re all just supposed to forget?

Never forget.

Look, I’m a free speech guy. I support your right to say something stupid, or even evil. I’ll tell you that you’re wrong, but you get to be wrong in the United States of America. That’s what sets us apart from almost every other country in the world.

But…

Doncha just hate that word?

But… let’s say one of your employees decides to grow a toothbrush mustache and starts goose-stepping around the office in a brown shirt, yelling “Heil Hitler!” and “Gas the Jews!”

Would that be out of line? Would you be within your rights to fire him?

How is “Death to Israel” any different? It’s another style of anti-Semitism, but the message is the same. A keffiyeh on an American college campus is just a hipster swastika.

I keep hearing how dangerous Trump voters are because of their anti-Semitism. The FBI is even watching them. Well, how about the people who are openly calling for the genocide of Jews?

“Kill all the Jews” isn’t an opinion. It’s a threat. And when you make a threat, you’re accountable for it.

I wouldn’t expect an employer to hire a guy with White Power tattoos all over him. Why should I expect an employer to hire somebody whose anti-Semitism is cloaked in euphemisms and nitpicking and cynical lies?

You get to say what you want. I get to choose whether I want to pay you for your labor. God bless America.

I won’t go into detail, but I was exposed to anti-Semitism at a young age and I’ve always hated it. Particularly since 2016, right-wing anti-Semites have loathed me and I loathe them right back. And of course, the left still sides with Hamas, even after the copious evidence of their heartless savagery.

If you hate Jews, I hate you. We’re enemies. Your choice.

No comments: