Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Want cheap drugs? Expect shortages.


U.S. Scrambling to Ease Shortage of Vital Medicine

I want my drugs cheap, safe and plentiful. So I’m going to get the government to oversee the cost, safety and efficacy of the drugs that corporations are allowed to sell.

So I’m surprised all to hell when the drugs I want when I want them are not available. After all, the government is in charge! So what if they shut some of the plants that make the drugs down? So what if the prices the government is willing to pay doesn’t make it profitable to manufacture? So what if the government tells the manufacturer that it won’t approve the drug for sale?

How many times does it have to be said that anyone can make it mistake but it takes the government to create a catastrophe?

No comments: