Thursday, May 16, 2019
Intelligence expert Tony Shaffer makes several BIG points:
- Barr will focus on what authority the government had to spy on Team Trump
- Who was involved?
- How many agencies were involved?
- What was the predicate for surveillance?
- Was the government involved in attempted entrapment?
- Which foreign governments were involved?
- The story changed from "we were not spying" to "Trump is crazy so we had to spy."
- The media is no longer a legitimate source of facts.
- Where did the Steele Report come from and why did Mueller not address this issue?
- The Russians probably fed false information to Steele to create political turmoil in the US.
- To do what the government did required approval from the White House.
- Trump is probably not the only candidate who was spied on.
- The Inspector General report will only look at deviations from rules; it's going to be a disappointment.
- This will require a very large investigation and where do you find people who can be trusted.