Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2021

Life After Rush

 

I mourn the loss of Rush Limbaugh.  He died before his time.  

But I am surprised at my own naivete.  

I did not think about the fact that Rush had the better part of a year to prepare for what was to happen to his show and his audience after he died.  He was a genius, so of course he prepared.  He had recorded thousands of hours of timeless wisdom.  And he left behind him substitute hosts who were prepared to carry on using those thousands of hours of audio.  

I listen to his show at the regular time and I am as interested in his show today as I was while he was alive.

To quote Obo-Wan: “If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”  The truth is that after his death, Limbaugh lives on for his faithful listeners and to inspire a new generation of followers. 

No comments: