Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Health insurance lies.

I have heard all sorts of stories of insurance companies that won’t pay for necessary treatment. Many of these tales of woe end up with someone who was denied care dying. An alternative tale is someone with insurance having their claim denied because of some obscure “loophole” and going bankrupt.

Lots of these tales are told by the Obama administration and the Liberal media (but I repeat myself) in either so-called “news” reports, in editorials or in carefully chosen letters to the editor.

Well, I call bullshit on these stories.

Why?

Because I have some personal experience with these issues. I have health insurance through my employer. It is not a “Cadillac” plan. You know, the ones negotiated by the auto workers costing over $20,000 per year. It’s just a good average plan with an annual deductible that allows me to go to any hospital or doctor and the insurance company will pay most of the bill after a co-pay.

So in the last 10 years I have had open heart surgery to repair a failed valve in my heart. I have also just come back from John Hopkins hospital for cancer surgery. So I have undergone two major hospitalizations and surgeries in less than a decade. And no issues at all with the insurance company not paying for my hospitalization and treatment.

Furthermore, I know quite a few people and no one that I know has had treatment declined or denied by their insurance carrier because of the insurance company decided to screw them … or for any other reason for that matter. The fact is that the insurance companies have been particularly good about paying for my medical procedures, the lab tests, the numerous x-rays, the various CAT scans and the drugs that I have been required to take.

So if insurance companies were looking for a candidate to deny coverage because they wanted to fatten their profits, I would be in there as a prime suspect for their green eyeshade sleuths that – if you believe their detractors – are looking to deny their customer’s claims.

I wanted to tell my story because no one likes insurance companies. Let’s face it, you pay them and hope never to use their product. You can’t show you policy off to your friends like an i-Phone and their costs keeps going up. But I don’t believe for one minute that health insurance companies are in the business of denying health care to sick people … unlike, for example the State of Florida, which may be the first in the nation to establish Death Panels for the sick elderly. From the SunSentinal.com ...

Florida health officials are drawing up guidelines that recommend barring patients with incurable cancer, end-stage multiple sclerosis and other conditions from being admitted to hospitals if the state is overwhelmed by flu cases.

The plan, which would guide Florida hospitals on how to ration scarce medical care during a severe flu outbreak, also calls for doctors to remove patients with poor prognoses from ventilators to treat those who have better chances of surviving. That decision would be made by the hospital.

The flu causes severe respiratory illnesses in a small percentage of cases, and patients who need ventilators and are deprived of them could die without the breathing assistance the machines provide.


Thanks to Rush Limbaugh for bringing to our attention that CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, NPR, the Washinton Post and the NY Times will not.

2 comments:

17 year old car insuracne said...

hi man
isee your blog
it is very good
ok

facebook fun said...

there are very good insurance companies which would provide us all assistance and details in regards to our health..i have taken the advice of a company which has give me all clarifications and made myself comfortable with health insurance..many thanks to health insurance