Search This Blog

Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Imperative Of The Age

Francis Poretto reminds me that I have not made any New Year resolutions. Truth be told, I never make New Year resolutions. But this time it’s different. Thanks to the threats we face in the world, I will make two resolutions.

I am going to get a copy of the Koran and read it. As Francis points out, few people know what it contains first hand. Given that the Islamofascists and their willing accomplices in organizations like CAIR seem to be guided by the Koran, it’s useful to know exactly what the Koran instructs Muslims to do. I have Jihad Watch on my list of favorites. I intend to read it regularly.

I am going to sharpen my shooting skills. It’s a fact that the police have no legal obligation to protect you wherever you are. They have the obligation to try to arrest those who leave your lifeless body bleeding on the ground, but protection? No really. Besides, there are too few of them; they are not my or your personal body guards. Self reliance and personal protection have been an American tradition.

By all means, read Poretto’s essay. It may make you make a few New Year’s resolutions.

No comments: