Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Moneyrunner is Man of the Year

I don’t read Time or Newsweek. I don’t bother with the Virginian Pilot except for their editorial page which I read to get my adrenalin going on the morning and to smile as the “half-vast” editorial staff of that paper manages to abandon reason and logic on a daily basis. I also read the “letters” section and each day I am tempted to call the public editor to ask if anyone there checks for accuracy. But I know the answer, and it’s NO.

But I digress. I have been anointed as Person of the Year by the omniscient editors of Time Magazine. That’s an honor right up there with being invited to the Captain’s table of the Titanic.

But the magazine does acknowledge its own doom by referring – I understand – to the “citizens of the new digital democracy” – a realm that We have inhabited for several years now.

As the newly crowned Personal of the Year We will be referring to Ourselves in the Royal third person. You may address us a “My Lord.”

No comments: