Search This Blog

Saturday, March 15, 2008

OJ and His Girlfriend

From Patterico:


“You know, I don’t believe you should judge a man by the worst day in his life.”


More gold:

Ten years ago, we filmed Ruby and OJ walking on Venice Beach. Before long, we were surrounded by a large, but good-humoured crowd. A man came out of the sea of faces to approach OJ, with his arm outstretched. “I’ve wanted to do this for a long time,” he said, as he shook Simpson’s hand. “No sweat, buddy,” said OJ, smiling warmly, “Do you want an autograph?” “No, thanks,” said the man, “I just want to be able to say that I’ve shaken hands with a murderer.” The smile froze on OJ’s face before he walked away.

That guy is my hero.

At this point, we were joined by a young woman called Christie Prody. She was leggy and blonde. OJ took me to one side. “I don’t want her in the film,” he said. “She’s not my girlfriend.” Later, I spoke to Christie.

“Are you going out with OJ?”

“Sure.”

“He says you’re not his girlfriend.”

“Oh, that’s just OJ.”

I asked Mike Gilbert to clarify. “He’s going out with her. But she’s not his girlfriend.”

“She looks a lot like Nicole.” [She actually does. — Patterico]

“Yeah — well, I guess that’s his type.”

In more ways than one, unfortunately:

This February, Christie Prody was hospitalised with extensive bruising and bleeding in her brain. She appeared to have been badly beaten. According to OJ, she had fallen down the stairs while drunk. According to the hospital, there was no alcohol in her bloodstream. Perhaps she is now entitled to call herself OJ’s girlfriend.


Read it all.
Oh, and by the way, if you have any doubt:

Towards the end of that evening, OJ's sports agent came over to me. He seemed tired and emotional. "I don't think that OJ did the murders," he confided, "I know he did." "How can you know that?" "Because he called me after he'd killed Nicole, and told me what had happened." "Did you tell the police that?" "No." "Why not?" "Because they never asked me." Mike Gilbert looked around the room. "If they'd asked, I would have told them. But they never did." "Do you intend telling them now?" "This is my pension, pal. I've written it all down, and put it in a safe place. When the time is right, I'll tell my story."

No comments: