Search This Blog

Thursday, June 03, 2010

General Andrew Breitbart's New Media War

CBN Interview: 
Breitbart describes himself as a "secular Jew" who grew up in liberal circles.

"My commitment to the left was about an inch deep, but it was a fashion to wear," he said.

But his fashion taste took a conservative turn during the congressional hearings on then-Supreme Court nominee Clarence Thomas.

"I went in with popcorn on my lap with a big diet coke," Breitbart recalled. "They're going 'Lets take this guy down.' And by the end of the hearing I went from rooting for this guy to be taken down to throwing my shoe at the television set, outraged."

He was angry because the liberal left was exposed as trying to take down a man who was living the great American dream. "They were willing to destroy him because he didn't have the right political view," Breitbart said.

There were also other changes ahead in his life. Breitbart acknowledges that he had a conversion process on his attitude towards Christians, too.

"I grew up loathing the religious right to the core of my being. But it wasn't a thought process," he explained. "It what was handed to me."

When he traveled south to study at Tulane University in New Orleans, he says he started to think for himself. Those he met helped transform his worldview.

"I am not Christian but I love Christian people," Breitbart said. "I've come to realize that if they did not exist, this country would not exist in the form that exists."

Amen.

No comments: