Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Not News? Columbia Professor and Huffington Post Contributor David Epstein Pleads Guilty in Incest Case

Via The Other McCain
You will recall that Palin-hating blogger David Epstein was arrested in December and charged with felony incest for having sex with his adult daughter (now 24) from 2006 through 2009.

Incest, rape and sex with a subordinate may be crimes, but not for Democrats or Leftists.  So it's not newsworthy. 

Glenn Reynolds:
HEY, HOW COME THIS GOT SO LITTLE COVERAGE? Not News? Columbia Professor and Huffington Post Contributor David Epstein Pleads Guilty in Incest Case. I guess it’s not news. Now if he were a FreeRepublic contributor and a professor at Liberty Baptist, it would be a top story!

2 comments:

M. Simon said...

And because it was consensual he got off with a misdemeanor wrist slap.

I would be far more concerned if it was non-consensual and got the same treatment. Of course if you know of similar cases in a similar venue that got more harshly punished then you might have something.

Moneyrunner said...

...if you know of similar cases in a similar venue...

I’m not familiar enough with Columbia to know how prevalent incest is in that community. Are you? Can you give us some examples?

I’m not persuaded that girls willingly agree to have sex with their fathers. There may not be physical violence involved in cases of incest; in fact I’m fairly certain that in most cases there is not. But the pressure has to be there. To give you an example of another person who was pressured to have sex with someone in authority, we happen to have the case of a man who is in the headlines right now. I blogged about it in the item just above this one. Here is the core of that event.

"Despite my long professional life, I was unprepared for the advances of the managing director of the IMF," wrote Piroska Nagy, an IMF staff economist whom Mr. Strauss-Kahn pursued until she agreed to a brief affair in 2008. "I did not know how to handle this," she added in a letter to a law firm investigating the affair. "I felt, 'I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't.'"

I suspect that Epstein’s daughter didn’t know how to handle her father’s advances, so she ended up agreeing. If you have better information, please share it with us.