Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Limbaugh Raises over $4.2 Million for Marine Corps--Law Enforcement Foundation

HERE is Rush's annoucement of Betty Casey Winning the Harry Reid smear letter.

And HERE is his take-down of Harry Reid's attempt to take some of the credit.

From Powerline: How to take a lemon...
UPDATE: At NRO Mark Hemingway covers this story. I forgot about Rush's challenge to the Senate Democrats:

Limbaugh issued a public challenge to all of the senators involved to join him in matching the winning bid. “I would like to issue this challenge to Senator Reid and the 41 senators who signed his letter. You say you support the military. You say you’re big, and you think it’s patriotic, and that I was unpatriotic. Well, I would like for each of you, Senator Reid, and the 40 senators who signed, to match whatever the winning bid is. Show us your support for the U.S. military by all 41 of you pro-military people, Democrats in the Senate, match whatever the winning bid is and send that amount to the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation,” he said.

Given the huge bids on the eBay sale, I didn’t suspect that too many of the 41 senators’ offices would have that much cash lying around. But I called all of them to ask anyway. As long as the mood in Washington is a spitting contest over who’s more patriotic, maybe I could get some agreement over Limbaugh’s publicity stunt. Or, failing that, maybe a divisive partisan comment might drive the story back on to the front page, with the goal of further publicizing the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation.

No such luck. I called all 41 senators involved, and I spoke to press secretaries or left messages with 33 Senate offices (I tried repeatedly, and you’d be surprised at how many busy signals you get trying to get ahold of senators.) I told dozens of press secretaries all about the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation and Rush’s challenge. I got only two responses, and of those, only Senator Ken Salazar of Colorado proved himself above the recent pettiness. He issued a terse statement: “The Senator supports their [the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation] work and is pleased to hear that Rush does as well.”


HERE's some additional reaction:

Angry Dittoheads Flood ABC Blog via Drudge Link...
The dittoheads take ABC to task for their usual biased reporting. When was the last time ABC's Political Radar blog had well over 1000 comments on a single story? I'm assuming never...

Hmmmm...no mention of the fact that Rush is matching the winning bid. ABC, part of the "Drive By" Media, clearly wants ignorant readers to think that Reid and the Dems actually had something to do with this. Typical. Liberals and the henchmen in the left wing media are all liars.

Posted by: Rick Oct 19, 2007 1:16:47 PM

Harry Reid and the other 40 oh-so-patriotic senators are absolutely disgraceful. I hope their constituents remember their attempt to break the constitution when election time comes around.

Posted by: Dusty Oct 19, 2007 1:17:30 PM

The letter shows Senator Reid and the other signers as the demagogues they are. Now that he is trying to claim credit for the amount raised for a worthwhile charity, I will be waiting to hear how much of his money (not my tax money that I already know he likes to 'invest') he has donated. In other words, will he put his money where his mouth is?

Also waiting for ABC to get the story straight. Please hurry, I'm not young!


3 comments:

Andy B said...

I've been visiting the ABC blog post you referenced in this post and I can vouch for the contempt being expressed towards the author and ABC. Somebody has even taken the liberty of censoring comments they find uneasy. You know, things like:

“ABC, this kind of mendacious lying by omission is why so many people believe the sooner the Main Stream Media dies, the better.”

“It’s taken decades of systematic half-truths, liberal spin, and outright dishonesty to destroy the near-reverence your audience once had for you.”

“This latest piece crosses the line into the shock-jock territory of Howard Stern.”


And this by a commenter who goes by the name Timewaster:

“ABC still deleting comments? Why?”

“If they contain expletives or over the top rhetoric, OK, but the comments you are deleting don’t.”

“Give it up dummies. The more you delete the dumber you look and reveal how little ABC GETS about the internet (and why the internet is kicking bootie on the establishment media).

“You are NOT our proxies dim bulbs.”


I'll try and keep you updated.

Moneyrunner said...

Thanks. Are these comments that have been deleted?

Andy B said...

Moneyrunner--Here's the deal.

First, the answer to your question is yes.

But that's not all. Let me give you the low down. I assure you I have better things to do than scour ABC's blog looking for deleted entries. But after witnessing the wanton deletion of perfectly legitimate entries, I decided to make more of this.

Here's partially what I posted:

THIS BLOG IS ANTI_FREE SPEECH AND PRACTICES CENSORSHIP:UPDATE:[NOTICE: I've mass emailed your Stalinist techniques to every interested news organization, talk radio station, and blogger who finds censorship to be a totalitarian tactic and very anti-American.]

They are deleting comments with which they don't agree. This will be the third time I post this comment.

[NOTICE: If this comment is deleted again I'll be sure and alert as many blogs and news organizations around the country that ABC doesn't believe in the first amendment and freedom of speech.]

I promise!...


My earlier comment to this blog was what they deleted. Do you see anything wrong with it?

Myself, along with a couple of other commenter's to the ABC blog took notice of our entries either being deleted or edited beyond recognition. So we have been on somewhat of a free speech mission, if you will. Every time they delete our entry we repost it and update the number of deletions they've attempted. Go have a look.