John Hawkings explains, in words of one syllable, what you should know to counteract some widely spread myths about the War on Terror .. and especially about the war in Iraq.
The myths are:
1) George Bush lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. (If so, so did Hillary!)
2) A study released in March of 2003 by a British medical journal, the Lancet, showed that 100,000 civilians had been killed as a result of the US invasion. (one of the most ridiculous statistical studies ever published)
3) The Bush Administration claimed Iraq was responsible for 9/11. (Never happended)
4) The war in Iraq was actually planned by people like Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and Paul Wolfowitz back in 1998 at a think tank called the Project for the New American Century. (The idea that Saddam should go has been the policy of the United States since 1991)
5) The war on terror has nothing to do with Iraq. (John Kerry! said getting rid of Saddam was critical in the war on terror.)
6) Saddam Hussein had no ties to terrorism. (Except for harboring terrorist and paying terrorist, no sir, nothing to do with terrists.)
7) Saddam Hussein had no ties to Al-Qaeda. (The evidence that Saddam Hussein's Iraq and Al-Qaeda worked together is absolutely undeniable.)
8) The Downing Street Memo proves Bush lied to the American people about the war. (Depeneds on what you mean by "fixed.")
A great read. Click on the link to read the whole thing.