Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2008

A couple of good Iowahawk posts

Silly Plumber, Lit Is For Crits:

By Timothy Egan
New York Times Guest Columnist


The unlicensed pipe fitter known as Joe the Plumber is out with a book this month, just as the last seconds on his 15 minutes are slipping away. I have a question for Joe: Do you want me to fix your leaky toilet?

Ha! I didn’t think so, Baldy McUnlicensed O'Notaplumber. No more than an unlicensed cooker-person would entrust me with the cooking of his/her meals, nor the illegal blower of leafs with the operation of his/her leaf blowing machine. See, Joe? You fell right into my clever rhetorical hypothetical-toilet-fixing trap. And with good reason: because my skill is as a highly-trained journalism-writing professional, and even a failed unlicensed fitter of pipes such as yourself recognizes that I should be kept away from dangerous stovetops and power equipment and toilets.


And...

BREAKING: Feds Seize Blagojevich eBay Account


Read the rest and prepare to hold your sides laughing.

No comments: