Search This Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2017

The Press is Promoting Violence Against Conservatives


Robert Spencer is opposed to radical Islam.  For this he was poisoned.

Robert Spencer Poisoned After Giving Anti-Jihad Speech in Iceland

The political atmosphere in Iceland is poisonous if you are on the Right. It's an atmosphere created by the news media which enforces the dominant narrative. It's much like that in the U.S. where Conservatives are attacked by mobs who fear no push-back by either the media of local politicians and law enforcement.

After I spoke last Thursday in the beautiful nation of Iceland, a Leftist in Reykjavik poisoned me.

Perhaps I should have seen it coming. The international Left has rejected free speech, and has embraced violence as a suitable response to speech contradicting its narrative.

My visit triggered a firestorm of abuse in the Icelandic press, all of which was based on American Leftist talking points. Every story about my visit used the same elements. For example, that the Southern Poverty Law Center claims I purvey “hate speech,” which is a subjective judgment used to shut down dissent from the establishment line. Or the fact that I am banned from Britain, with no mention of the key detail: I was banned for saying that Islam has doctrines of violence. (Ironically, Britain has no problem allowing foreign Muslim dignitaries who happen to agree with me to enter.)

Of course, local media also pilloried me for the “crime” of supporting Israel.

Perhaps most absurd of all, Icelandic media published the false claim that I incited the Norwegian mass murderer Anders Breivik to kill. (Sigh. In a world of logical thinking, I’m as responsible for Breivik as the Beatles are for Charles Manson.) After the event, one article even featured a large photo of Breivik, yet it quoted nary a thing I said that evening.

Not one Icelandic media outlet contacted me for comment, much less for rebuttal to the charges they made against me....

Of course, the Icelandic media gave the 50 protesters outside far more extensive and respectful coverage than was given to anything that happened inside. One station aired an interview with me in which the interviewer refused to believe that I did not feel responsible for the Breivik murders, asking me about them again and again. Articles after the event included quotes from the protesters, but none included even a single quotation or description of anything we had actually said.

Clearly, jihad is a subject that Icelandic politicians and opinion-makers do not want Icelanders to discuss.

And that’s all the more reason why it must be discussed.

After the event, my security chief, the organizers of the event, Ms. Williams, and I went to a local restaurant to celebrate its success. But I was quickly recognized: a young Icelander called me by name, shook my hand, and said he was a big fan. Shortly after that, another citizen of that famously courteous land likewise called me by my name, shook my hand, and said “f*** you.”

What likely happened is that this young man, or whoever drugged me, heard that a notorious “racist” was coming to Reykjavik, happened to see me in the bar, and decided to teach me a lesson with some of the drugs that are as plentiful in Reykjavik as they are anywhere else.

I learned my lesson. And the lesson I learned was that media demonization of those who dissent from the Leftist line is direct incitement to violence. By portraying me and others who raise legitimate questions about jihad terror and Sharia oppression as racist, bigoted “Islamophobes” without allowing us a fair hearing, they paint a huge target on the backs of those who dare to dissent.

Those who paint the targets, and those who shoot at them, think they’re doing something great. Not only does the Left fill those whom it brainwashes with hate, but it does so while portraying its enemies as the hatemongers, such that violent Leftists such as the young man who drugged me feel righteous as they victimize and brutalize for the crime of disagreement.

I have no doubt whatsoever that whoever poisoned me in Iceland went away feeling happy over what he had done. If he told anyone what he did, I’m sure he was hailed as a hero. I’m also aware that many who read this will crow and exult in knowing that someone who hates my opposition to jihad terror and Sharia oppression made me seriously ill. This is how degenerate and evil the Left has become.

The people who now run the media - the Gods of the the Culture -  are evil.

No comments: