Search This Blog

Sunday, October 29, 2006

New Scandal Rocks Allen Campaign

From John Semmens at the azconservative.com

Republican Senator George Allen’s campaign for reelection was dealt what many in the media are calling a “death blow” when a former classmate came forward to reveal sordid details from Allen’s past.

In a new television ad paid for by the “Webb for Senate” campaign, Albie Wyner, a pre-school classmate of Allen’s at the Mary Moppet Day School of Fairfax Virginia revealed that during a particularly tense playground confrontation in 1955, Allen called him an inappropriate name. “I remember we were playing tag,” Wyner said. “Georgie tagged me and said I was it. I didn’t want to be it. So, I slapped him. He called me a ‘pooh-pooh head.’ I started to cry. I was so humiliated. I told the teacher, but she was a Republican and wouldn’t do anything. George Allen ruined my life. Don’t let him ruin yours. Vote for James Webb for U.S. Senate.”

Reached for comment, Allen said he did not recall the incident. “I was in pre-school 50 years ago,” said Allen. “I don’t remember who was in my class, much less what may have happened on any given day.”

Webb characterized Allen’s memory lapse as “awfully convenient.” “A man who forgets so easily isn’t someone the voters should trust to be their senator,” Webb said. “The indifference to suffering demonstrated by this incident is indicative of the heartless nature of the Republicans when it comes to human rights. I only hope that the message gets through to enough Virginia voters in time.”

No comments: