Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2009

America: Mired In Sin Until Obama Came In.

I have been away from the news and the Internet for about a week so I was only recently exposed to the new heights of hubris that Saint Obama has climbed.

“For those who question the character and cause of my nation,” the president pronounced Wednesday, “I ask you to look at the concrete actions we have taken in just nine months.”



During my "down time" I finished reading the biography of John Adams by David McCullough, and the shocking historical self aggrandized bombast that is found in Obama's utterances - especially when he occupies the same office as Washington and Adams did at the founding, makes me weep.

Jonah Goldberg comments:

It was the most Obamaesque address to date.

...

America is 233 years old. Some think that there are ample accomplishments speaking to our character and cause that predate Obama’s ascension to the presidency.

Feh, Obama seems to be saying. Look instead to our new greatness, for we have elected a man like him!



No, Jonah, America was in a a state of sin until Obama came in. It's why Michelle was never proud of America until HE was nominated.

No comments: