Search This Blog

Friday, December 02, 2016

Those open minded Libs persecuting Christians again.

Photo published for BuzzFeed Wants To Destroy Chip And Joanna Gaines For Being Christian
BuzzFeed Wants To Destroy Chip And Joanna Gaines For Being Christian And Wildly Popular

The Horror!
“Buzzfeed has uncovered something many fans will likely want an explanation for,” Aurthur writes, that “something” being that Chip and Joanna, house-flippers extraordinaire, HGTV superstars, and perhaps America’s most beloved married couple, belong to a church whose pastor preaches that homosexuality is sinful....

It’s worth noting that “Christians might believe what Christians have always believed about homosexuality” is not the most intriguing headline in the history of newsworthiness. So why are BuzzFeed and Cosmo making such a big deal over this issue? I think the answer is quite simple: Liberal fans of “Fixer Upper” are in full-blown panic mode after learning that people they’ve fallen in love with are, by their own rules, unlovable.

Just as I knew that only morons would give their kids weird names, they knew that only reprehensible people believe homosexuality is sinful. So when evidence surfaced that a couple they already deemed to be loving, kind, and the cutest couple alive probably believes homosexuality is sinful, they responded by assuming the fetal position and mumbling “I thought I knew you” to themselves, the same thing I was tempted to do when my smart friend dismantled my stupid baby names theory.

...
But if liberal HGTV lovers are looking for a better response, they’ll find it by getting off the Progressive Expressway at Introspection Boulevard and asking themselves, “What’s more likely, that Chip and Joanna Gaines masterfully tricked me into thinking they were endearing, affectionate, loyal, and devoted people when they were actually sneering, sniveling oppression-demons, or that I was wrong to think that everyone who opposes gay marriage is a hateful bigot?”

The answer to that question should come pretty easily. With a fair amount of honesty, liberals shouldn’t have a hard time telling themselves, “It’s far more likely that the Fixer Uppers are genuinely nice folks than that the duo deliberately deceived me, in the same way that the conservative pastor in my town probably cares about people as much as his congregation’s soup kitchen indicates, and in the same way that my church-going grandmother has probably spent my entire life kissing me because she actually loves me, and not because she wants to distract me from her gay-bashing fists.
Read the whole thing.

Remember when, just the other day: Refusing To Serve Customers You Don’t Agree With Is Suddenly Cool Again

No comments: