Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

Michael Moore's "Sicko" - Propagantastic!

Michael Moore's new documentary, Sicko, is a brilliantly executed film work that approaches a difficult subject with an open mind, and delivers its facts with a surprising evenhandedness and absence of bias.

Fine. I lied. If he can do it, so can I.

Still, I have to admit that watching Sicko was an eye-opening experience. Here's just a few of the amazing things I learned:

*There is an acute shortage of human blood in US hospitals, because federal regulations require hospital administrators to drink it in celebration after every denial of treatment to the uninsured.

* Cuba has the best health care system in the world, since it provides a skilled physician from Spain to examine every Cuban President in the country.

I did not learn any of these on tonight's PBS revew of this film. There I learned that it would create dialog.

No comments: