Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Terms that we hope not to see again in 2014
It seems that lots of people are making lists of words that they hope will not be used again. Never one to miss an opportunity to go with the flow, here’s my list of terms that I hope will never be seen again.
- “War on women.” It takes chutzpa for a political party that includes pornographer Larry Flynt, Anthony (see my selfie) Weiner, Bill (Better put some ice on that) Clinton, Bob (filthy) Filner and Teddy (Mary Jo Kopechne is unavailable to comment) Kennedy. It seems you can make millions exposing women’s vaginas, grope, rape and drown women, but object to paying for their birth control pills and you’re waging war on them.
- “Enrolled.” This is a term that’s mean to imply that if you go to a website to shop for insurance you are actually buying insurance. What it really means is that you have found out how hideously expensive ObamaCare is and you hope that you won’t get sick because you can’t afford the “new and better” insurance.
- “Affordable Care Act.” An Orwellian title for a law that forces your insurance company to cancel the policy that you like and will fine you unless you to buy a policy that covers maternity care for men and menopausal women, with premiums that are multiples of your old policy and deductibles that will won’t pay out until the bills get so high that you will have to sell you children into slavery.
- “Generation X, Y, or Z.” Look, I don’t know what these letters are supposed to mean. Remember when we spoke of teen agers, people in their twenties, or the middle aged? People had a pretty good grasp of what you were talking about. X, Y, and Z don’t mean a damn thing except in the minds of the idiots who invented these things.
- “Department of Justice.” John Mitchell ran a cleaner, less politicized Justice Department while presiding over Watergate. Eric Holder has turned the DOJ into the law firm of the Democrat Party with the primary focus on insuring that when I die, I’ll begin voting for the Democrats. Under Obama the Department of Justice is an oxymoron.
- “Internal Revenue Service.” Like the DOJ, the IRS has become the enforcement arm of the Obama Administration. Realizing that Al Capone was jailed for evading taxes rather than murder, Team Obama realized that it could bully, harass and intimidate lots of his political adversaries by threatening them with the IRS. Perhaps we can call it the Infernal Revenue Service.
- “Zero Tolerance.” The admission that government employees are so stupid that they lack any ability to use either judgment or common sense. That means that if your child eats his Pop Tart the wrong way, or pretends to shoot you with an imaginary bow and arrow, he has committed a crime and must be punished. Period, as Obama would say.
- “Minority.” A protected class that gets special privileges and exemptions. Even if they are a majority of the population ... like women.