Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Belgian killed by euthanasia after a botched sex change operation

Nathan, born Nancy, Verhelst, 44, was given legal euthanasia, most likely by lethal injection, on the grounds of "unbearable psychological suffering" on Monday afternoon.

It didn't like itself as a girl and was disgusted with itself as a man.

Nathan Verhelst
I was the girl that nobody wanted," Mr Verhelst told Het Laatste Nieuws newspaper in the hours before her death.

"While my brothers were celebrated, I got a storage room above the garage as a bedroom. 'If only you had been a boy', my mother complained. I was tolerated, nothing more." ...

"I was ready to celebrate my new birth," he told the newspaper. "But when I looked in the mirror, I was disgusted with myself. My new breasts did not match my expectations and my new penis had symptoms of rejection. I do not want to be... a monster. "

Some Belgians are starting to wonder if medical euthanasia is a good idea. Others may continue to wonder if sex change operations are a good idea.

No comments: